In order to stimulate work in the area of artificial intelligence at the undergraduate level of education, SAIS has created a special yearly award for the best Master’s thesis (examensarbete) in the area of artificial intelligence. The winner will be awarded travel funds of 5000SEK, and is expected to present the winning contribution in connection with the SAIS yearly meeting in July 2018.
To nominate a Master’s Thesis for the award, the following rules apply:
- The thesis is in one of the main areas of artificial intelligence research.
- The thesis has been presented officially during the period of January 1, 2017 – January 31, 2018.
- An electronic copy of the thesis (PDF) and a short written motivation by the nominator should be sent to email@example.com, include the terms “SAIS” and “Master’s Thesis award” in the subject line, no later than February 22nd, 2018. The nomination should include a short motivation why the thesis should be selected as the winner, and state its contributions to AI.
- The nominating person must be a member of SAIS, but does not have to be the official examiner or primary supervisor.
- Only one thesis nomination per nominating person is permitted.
- The master thesis project has to be conducted by a student registered at a Swedish university or other higher education establishment in Sweden, and/or presented in Sweden.
The SAIS board will review the nominated Master’s theses and determine a winner based on factors such as novelty, thoroughness, readability, scientific value and relevance to artificial intelligence, both with respect to research and to potential applications. The decision by the SAIS board will be final. This year there is no separate SAIS Workshop, instead there will be a session at IJCAI-ECAI in Stockholm where the thesis work will be presented and we will have the SAIS yearly meeting.
Fredrik Heintz – President of SAIS
Eva Blomqvist – Board member of SAIS