In order to stimulate work in the area of artificial intelligence at the undergraduate level of education, SAIS has created a special yearly award for the best Master’s thesis (examensarbete) in the area of artificial intelligence. The winner will be awarded travel funds of 10 000 SEK, and is expected to present the winning contribution in connection with the SAIS workshop 2023 in June.
Deadline for nomination is February 24th 2023.
To nominate a Master’s Thesis for the award, the following rules apply:
- The thesis is in one of the main areas of artificial intelligence research.
- The thesis has been presented officially during the period of January 1, 2022 – January 31, 2023.
- An electronic copy of the thesis (PDF) and a short written motivation by the nominator should be submitted through the following EasyChair submission area. The nomination should include a short motivation why the thesis should be selected as the winner, and state its contributions to AI. Please note that the “author” of the nomination is the person nominating the thesis, i.e. NOT the authors of the thesis, and in the “abstract” field please enter the motivation letter.
- The nominating person must be a member of SAIS, but does not have to be the official examiner or primary supervisor.
- Only one thesis nomination per nominating person is permitted.
- The master thesis project has to be conducted by a student registered at a Swedish university or other higher education establishment in Sweden, and/or present work mainly conducted at an organisation within Sweden, and/or represent a thesis where the official presentation was done in Sweden.
The SAIS board will review the nominated Master’s theses and determine a winner based on factors such as novelty, thoroughness, readability, scientific value and relevance to artificial intelligence, both with respect to research and to potential applications. The decision by the SAIS board will be final. The SAIS workshop is planned for June 12-13 2023, at BTH in Karlskrona.
Fredrik Heintz – President of SAIS
Eva Blomqvist – Secretary of SAIS