In order to stimulate work in the area of artificial intelligence at the undergraduate level of education, SAIS has created a special yearly award for the best Master’s thesis (examensarbete) in the area of artificial intelligence. The winner will be awarded travel funds of 5000SEK, and is in addition expected to attend the SAIS Workshop to present the winning contribution (travel, hotel and registration paid by SAIS).
To nominate a Master’s Thesis for the award, the following rules apply:
- The thesis is in one of the main areas of artificial intelligence research.
- The thesis has been presented officially during the period of January 1, 2013 – January 31, 2014.
- An electronic copy of the thesis (PDF) and a short written motivation by the official examiner or primary supervisor should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, include the terms “SAIS” and “Master’s Thesis award” in the subject line, no later than February 28, 2014. The nomination should include a short motivation why the thesis should be selected as the winner and state its contributions to AI.
- The nominating person must be a member of SAIS.
- Only one thesis nomination per nominating person is permitted.
The SAIS board will review the nominated Master’s theses and determine a winner based on factors such as novelty, thoroughness, readability, scientific value and relevance to artificial intelligence both with respect to research and to potential applications. The decision by the SAIS board will be final. The selected winner will be announced in time for the SAIS Workshop, where the winner will be expected to present their work.
Fredrik Heintz – President of SAIS
Eva Blomqvist – Secretary of SAIS